Friday, March 21, 2014

Change is good...right?

I have to laugh...have to...'cause it is kinda funny. As I mentioned before, I'm living with my son, and family...saving money, preparing my property, helping with the GrandBabies...etc. Moving onto property by Spring 2015. Son and daughter in law are both active military...Army. We live in a NorthWest suburb of Chicago...they're both recruiters...both just received promotions...both second in command of their respective stations/offices. Next step...commander of their respective stations/offices.

In the Army's infinite wisdom, after 3 yrs in the same place, there's no stations for them both..."both" being the key word. They're on a special married couple's 'plan' where they can't be stationed more than 50 miles from one another. Can't both be accommodated here...or nearby.

Soooooo...new duty station in Southern California...move date will be end of June...first of July. They report for new duties August 1. Sooooo...we're moving. chuckles...Nice thing is...I'll be about a 10 hr drive from my property rather than the current 22 hr drive. I'll more easily be able to drive on up to property...long, but easy day drive. I know the route well as I lived in the AZ mountains for 30 years, and have family in Southern California that we visited from time to time. Plus...my daughter will be along the route to NM, and I can even stop to visit her half way to property...break up the drive. Soooooo doable, and convenient. I'm choosing to focus on that rather than the tremendous amount of work ahead of us to prepare for this move. chucklin'...yeah...that.

Mhmmm...change is good!

Thanks for reading...ciao!

Lu

No comments: