Sunday, January 24, 2016

Mish Mash

Went to visit my daughter in AZ. I only intended to stay a few days, but was there nearly 2 weeks. It was difficult trying to get home because of storms in Arizona and New Mexico. When there were no storms, the mountain roads coming home were still too bad to drive. I took these photos on my way home just outside Strawberry, AZ...



There were still lots of areas on the road with ice, snow, slush, and black ice.

Then I got home...yaaaaay! My shower, water heater, pump, and inside water tank were all installed.
100 gallon water tank to the left; center low down pump; 19 gallon water heater to the right.
 I had originally planned to set up my water this way, but with an on-demand water heater. Then, I decided to just hook up to the well, so I got a small water heater instead of an on-demand. And...no well pump. And...I neeeeeeed running water...thank you very much. Have had the water heater too long to return it, and nowhere else to use it...so, we stuck with that option. Takes up a bit of under-counter  space, but I'm ok with that.

The water tank has an RV inlet that allows me to fill it from outside. Perfection! The Shur-flo pump works great...really good water pressure to the shower. My friends put a switch on the wall for the pump, so it's only on when I need to use it. Actually saw this set up a couple years ago on someone's blog, or Youtube...can't remember which one for certain. Guy turned an older panel truck into an RV, and did this set up for running water. He used a smaller fresh water tank, but same idea. Works really well.
Ahhhhh...beautiful shower I love you!
 I installed the kitchen counter and sink, and hung that cool handmade, rustic cabinet that I found at a secondhand store for about $20. Walls aren't finished yet because I need to have the cabin re-leveled first, and can't do that until the ground firms up quite a bit more. I needed the storage, so began hanging shelves, and cabinets anyway. I can always take them down and rehang once walls are taped and painted. No biggie.

My little $4 Habitat for Humanity sink is perfect!

Sink isn't usable yet...need a few parts to finish, but...can't get in and out of my property to purchase them just yet.
 I've been collecting appropriate stones to use as a back splash behind the sink, and have enough tile collected from various Habit for Humanities for the counter top. Little bit at a time...one thing at a time.
Cool rustic cabinet...holds my dishes so they don't get so dusty hangin' on a shelf.

My little IKEA table folds against the wall. I found this at a secondhand store for $4.99!
 Haven't installed the table just yet. Need to pick up some of those drywall anchors...metal ones I'm thinkin'...when I can get off my property...lol
KiKi on her window shelf.

KiKi chillin'.
I put a wider shelf in the window for my KiKi. She's...well...she's fat, and the window ledge isn't wide enough for her. Sooooo...she has a spot in the sun to laze about now. She actually knocked one of the other cats off of it when he (Tippy) tried to get up there with her. That's officially her spot now!

Pluggin' along...doin' my deal.
Thanks for reading...ciao

3 comments:

PioneerPreppy said...

LOL well she's fat :)

We have a lot of the feline fatness going on around here too :)

Interesting adaption for the shower. It's neat!!!

LuRocks said...

chuckles...I feed all three cats Blue Buffalo...same food. They have their own bowls, but KiKi eats theirs, too...if they don't eat it all themselves. So, yeah, she's fat!

The water tank, pump, shower and kitchen sink all work really well. The pressure is great, and it's easy to fill the 100 gallon from outside with that RV inlet. I have a food grade, thoroughly cleaned/bleached 55 gallon drum that fits nicely in the back of my SUV, and another pump that pumps it from the 55 gallon drum to the 100 gallon fresh water tank. Works like a charm! I wish I could find the link that I originally found to attribute this design to the fella that I 'stole' the idea from, but its been too long, and I've lost the link.

Unknown said...

If you're looking to burn fat then you certainly have to start following this totally brand new tailor-made keto plan.

To create this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional chefs united to provide keto meal plans that are efficient, suitable, money-efficient, and delightful.

From their grand opening in early 2019, thousands of clients have already transformed their body and health with the benefits a certified keto plan can give.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-confirmed ones given by the keto plan.