Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Age...

lol...Nope, not that kind of "new age". I'm a dinosaur, and like most humans, resistant to change (in some things). I've used one of the old fashioned flip phones for years...they have larger keys for clumsy fingers and ailing eyes, and are just plain simpler to use. Now, mine had a camera function as well as the ability to record videos and text. So...not entirely a dinosaur, I suppose.

My kids are thrilled...and having oh so much fun at my expense. I have a new iPhone. The reason I chose to upgrade from my trusty flip phone is largely because I will have no cell reception up on the mountain, and will need to use Skype. I know Skype can be used on the computer...that's how my son and I kept in touch when he was in Iraq, but I want the freedom to move around the cabin a bit...and maybe...just maybe...be out on the front porch during phone conversations.

There's an app for that! Good Grief! There's a freakin' app for everything! Everything!

I'm keeping it simple, but still leave myself open to my kids' torment. For example...I was trying to figure out how to use those cute smiley faces in a text with my son. Well...at one point there was a screen shot of...well...a phone screen. I couldn't figure out how the heck I did that. I'm notorious for pushing buttons I have no business pushing :) and was doing that freely. When I texted that to my son, I thought he was gonna die laughing. Apparently, he took a screen shot of HIS screen in order to show me what I was supposed to be doing...where. Well...and then I texted three pictures that I'd taken of son and GrandBoy. Once again, nooooooo clue how I did that. Unbeknownst to me, my son is forwarding all of these text messages to his sister...who was laughing so hard my other GrandBoy had to get in on the fun. They were all rolling along while I tried to figure out one...simple...thing...on this confounded phone.

I'm learning...slowly...and I have to admit that I actually like the phone...an iPhone 5c. Sure takes really nice pictures, too! Except...I still can't figure out how the heck to download them to this laptop!

Thanks for reading...Ciao...Lu

2 comments:

dreamer said...

I can totally relate to this. I have a smart phone and have no idea of half of the things it is capable of.Good luck with working it all out :)

LuRocks said...

lol...still learning. Trying to figure out pictures now...will see if I have it done correctly or not.