Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lazy Bones...And now I'm found!



July 19, 2015

Lazy Bones

I’ve been quite remiss in doing any entries. I think I started this blog too soon…one can only post about plans so much before it becomes…monotonous?


I’m here on my property now. I left Illinois for New Mexico on May 10, 2015, though I was supposed to leave earlier. I was delayed by the tornadic storms stretching across the US…North to South. Horrible flooding and tornadoes hitting so many people during the week prior to my actually leaving. Anyway…I arrived in NM May 12th.




  
I towed a very small Uhaul…5’x 8’, so I only brought ‘must have’ things…kitchen stuff, camping gear, tools, camp chairs, etc. Even so, it was loaded for bear! As a matter of fact, my son took a day off to help load it. The next day, as I attempted to leave, my vehicle just didn’t feel right. I drove to the local tire place only to be told that the Uhaul was overloaded, and putting too much weight/pressure on my tires…rear tires were actually bulging. Sooooo…I hightailed it back to my son’s home, and proceeded to unload, and repack the trailer. Took me a couple of hours, but I got it done.





Off again the next day…much more lightly packed, and vehicle driving much smoother. Wish I had a picture to share of my SUV and the Uhaul trailer, but didn’t think to get one.



As per usual, it took 2 ½ days to do the drive…same as the drive to Arizona. Unremarkable except for the moment when I looked in my rear view mirror and wondered aloud, “WTF! Get off my ass, asshole!” lol…the “asshole” was the Uhaul I was pulling behind my car. Took me a second to go, “Doy! Seriously?” Gave me a good chuckle each time I glanced in my mirrors and saw the Uhaul behind me.


I’ve been documenting everything with videos and pictures, so I’ll post each step in order until I’m all caught up to date. Right now several things are in a hold…i.e….I’m waiting for the electrician to lay the conduit in the trench I had dug (Done now), and to install the electrical service panel prior to the electric company installing poles (Done now), etc to connect electricity to my little cabin. I’m also still waiting on the well driller to come out and get that project started (Well drilled, but no well pump as of today 9/23)! So, it’s a good time to play catch up, though I’m doing small projects while waiting on the biggies.



These are all photos of parts of my property prior to doing any of the road work, tree cutting, etc. Taken just after I arrived here in May.

Ciao…

No comments: